Thank you for your interest in the SAC conference April 20 & 21, 2023
We have received your submission and will send out more details about the conference as soon as they are available. Please share!
The goals of our conference:
- Provide educators with the necessary training for adequately supporting autistic students in the general education setting.
- Provide parents and caregivers with the tools and information required to support, advocate, and build a life of meaning for their autistic children.
- Self-advocates will find an accepting space, learn strategies on employment, social needs, self-determination, and personal life.
The 2023 keynote address:
Details coming soon!
Who is our audience?
- Social workers and other professionals
- Families and caregivers
- Autistic individuals
- Stakeholders in neurodiversity, autism and disability advocacy
How many people attend the conference?
Since 2016, our annual conference has reached an audience of 1500+
Some of our topics for prior years included the following:
Educational advocacy training; learning social skills; bullying and autism; language development; augmented communication in the classroom; inclusive post-secondary education programs; positive parenting for ADHD and autism families; understanding and identifying autism in girls; and more…