The Savannah Autism Conference aims to improve our community’s capacity for inclusion and support of autistic individuals from childhood through adulthood.
The goals of our conference:
- Provide educators with the necessary training for adequately supporting autistic students in the general education setting.
- Provide parents and caregivers with the tools and information required to support, advocate, and build a life of meaning for their autistic children.
- Self-advocates will find an accepting space, learn strategies on employment, social needs, self-determination, and personal life.
Our 2021 webinar series topics will include:
- Sexual health & autism
- Self-determination & risk-taking
- Concrete strategies
- Video modeling for improved communication
- Precision teaching
Who is our audience?
- Social workers and other professionals
- Families and caregivers
- Autistic individuals
- Stakeholders in neurodiversity, autism, and disability advocacy
How many people attend the conference?
Since 2016, our annual conference has reached an audience of 1500+